How do you set goals and achieve them at the end of each month?
As a productivity coach, one of the questions I get asked a lot is how I manage to achieve my monthly goals.
In this monthly review, I will be sharing my not-so-secretive secret with you in this review.
So, if you have ever struggled with achieving your goals, this is the review you need.
What I do at the beginning of each month
At the beginning of the month, I create a list of the goals I plan to achieve for that month.
Note: These goals are not outside my yearly goals.
Ps: Your yearly goals or resolutions are the things you plan to achieve throughout the year.
So, this means your monthly goals would be a breakdown of how you want to achieve some, one, or most of your yearly goals in each month.
For me, I start with an activity dump of my monthly goal; which comprises all I plan to achieve for the month.
When I’m done, I create another list of my goals but this time in a SMARTer way; which means I ask myself:
- Which of these goals can I really achieve?
- How possible is it to get these things done?
- How will these goals make me better or move me closer to my dreams/to accomplishing my yearly goals?
After asking myself these questions, I create a monthly goals list.
After that, I create a final list. This final list is a more narrowed down list. In this list, if there were 10 goals, I would reduce it to 6 or 5 (or lesser).
I ensure to keep the goals minimal so I won’t get overwhelmed or feel pressured to achieve so much in a short period.
The weekly goals
After creating the second list, I break my monthly goals into weekly goals.
If you have read my free eBook, The Ultimate Planning Guide, you will understand how I break my goals into years, months, weeks, and days.
Here is an image of my goal process:
Mindsets that help me achieve my goals
Yes! There are mindsets you must have if you want to be a goal achiever. If you don’t put this in mind or understand these things, you might end up not fulfilling your goals or you might become that person that becomes unhappy and frustrated because they can’t achieve their goals or complete a simple task.
So, what are these mindsets?
- Don’t try to do too much at a time.
- There are days you will not feel like doing anything. And in those days, you can either take a rest or force yourself to get work done. I will advise you to do both sometimes.
- Set priorities. Setting priorities and getting your priorities done gives you a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day, even if you were not able to achieve all your goals.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you did not do as much as you wanted to do. It’s okay not to be perfect.
- There are days called cheat days. On these days, you don’t want to do anything. They are your least productive days and it’s okay to have those days.
- Productivity does not mean perfection. It means finding what works for you and making it work.
- Don’t try to copy someone else’s style of achieving goals. Find your style and make it work for you.
- Discipline is getting up and getting to work even when you don’t feel like it.
- Forgive yourself for all the times you didn’t do what you had to do. Forget those times and start afresh.
- You can achieve your goals. You need to believe that.
If you can keep these thoughts at the back of your mind, there’s no limit to what you can achieve.
Achievements I’m proud of in May
In May, I tried out a lot of new things I never thought I could try and I’m so excited at the intriguing results I niched down on my blog from a lifestyle blog filled with different blog posts to a more focused productivity blog
- One of my posts ranked on the first page of Google in 5 days. Crazy!!
- I got a congratulatory message from Google on how well my blog was doing.
- I started working with a client I really enjoy working with and it’s been a fun and creative work.
- Created an etsy shop and opened a digital store on my blog and Instagram page for my digital planners and goal templates.
- I started a YouTube channel in April and I am currently on 55 subscribers. I am so excited to see how the journey goes.
May Goals Reviewed
My goal for May is to niche down and be more focused on productivity. I look forward to doing some new things on the digital space.
- Launch my Digital Planner Store on Etsy, Selar, and on my website.
My Favorite Blog Posts in May
A picture of me in May
Favorite Youtube Videos in May
- Best friend tag: How well do we know each other
- How to be a Classy Lady
I enjoy doing a review of my month because it helps me count my blessings and be grateful for the mundane things I might have overlooked.
This particular article is not just a review but also a way to show everyone how easy setting your goals and achieving them can be.
I hope you enjoyed this post!!
Happy New Month!!
Hi, I’m Sarah. I am a writer and productivity coach. I am passionate about productive living and helping creative people realize and maximize their potential. I share my life-changing and actionable productivity and planning tips on this blog and I design planners, templates, and arts for my digital shop.