Fave quote of 2022: Never ever accept ‘Because You Are A Woman’ as a reason for doing or not doing anything.– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Happy New Year To You!!!
The beginning of it all
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.”
At the beginning of 2022, I made up my mind that I wanted to take charge of my life. I realized no one was coming to help me if I didn’t take action. So, I did.
Trust me, just because you decide to take action doesn’t mean things would just automatically start going well. Not at all.
Things remained the same but I didn’t budge. At the beginning of January 2022, I had just stopped working with all my freelance clients for several reasons.
- I was underpaid
- I was not paid on time
- One of them couldn’t afford to pay writers anymore.
What you should know, however, was that I wasn’t perturbed. I knew the year would bring something good for me.
I just didn’t know it will take so long…
The 6 months rule
“6 months from now you can be in a completely different space, mentally, spiritually, physically & financially. Keep working and believing in yourself”
So, I gave myself 6 months. I decided to work hard for 6 months.
Truth is I had read it somewhere and it stuck with me that if you stay consistent on anything great or the right thing for 6 months, you will get results.
It was hard but I kept going.
I worked hard and showed up consistently for 6 months. But that was not all.
The mindset that kickstarted my year.
“When you go from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, a new world of possibilities opens up.”– Imaan Farooq
I made up my mind to not do one thing in 2022 and that one thing was “Not to settle for less.”
Over the months of 2022, I got a lot of job offers that I declined. Because I knew what I wanted and not having a job was not going to stop me from achieving it.
Before I could work with a client, I wanted to ensure that:
- They paid really well
- They would not overwork me, especially for minuscule payment
- They had a great work ethic and they treated their freelancers well
- They would not pay late or default in payment.
- I would work remotely.
I got several job opportunities that didn’t meet the above requirement and I gracefully and gladly declined because I knew what I wanted and I never looked back.
It took a while but I eventually got jobs and multiple gigs that met my requirement and even beyond.
How did I achieve this?
The Crazy hard work and results
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”— Tim Notke
I worked really hard.
I don’t know why people think that only smart work works.
Dear friend, you need hard and smart work especially if you‘re just starting out and you need groundbreaking results.
- In 2021, I barely showed up on my blog. But in 2022, I showed up 3 times a week with quality SEO-optimized content and got multiple posts on the first page of google. I also got monetized by Google.
- I got several productivity coaching clients in 2022.
- I wrote a free ebook on planning and productivity and I got hundreds of downloads.
- I applied for the kind of jobs I wanted and I got a few of them that changed my earnings drastically.
- I went from writing 2000 words for 1500 naira ($2) to writing 600 words for 50,000 naira ($70). Damn!!
- The blog posts that I had consistently written brought me clients and writing offers and also productivity coaching clients.
- I launched a digital product shop with planner books, ebooks, wall art, and templates on Etsy, my website, and Selar, and got tons of sales.
- I started a Youtube channel, created videos, and got 130 subscribers in a few months.
- Worked tirelessly and sleeplessly to get clients’ work done.
- Got an international job as a digital marketing writer and copywriter- aced it, and got promoted twice.
- Got a job as a social media manager. There was a lot to learn and I made mistakes at the beginning but I later got the flow and impressed my client greatly.
- Had so much work to do that I had to delegate and it made me feel great that I could earn enough to pay others. Looking forward to doing more delegation in 2023.
The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”— Paulo Coelho
I wouldn’t exactly count them as losses. At the time they happened, they were quite painful but thankfully I am in a better place now. And one thing I have learned is that for every loss there is a greater gain.
- Lost gigs I worked hard and prayed so much for.
- Got rejected like a hundred times because I applied for several jobs continually.
- Naively wrote a lot of free articles for potential clients who were trying to “see if I was a good fit.”
- Lost a huge amount of money to PayPal. Still hoping I get my money back. Fingers crossed.
My Greatest Achievement
“Achievements of today are the stepping stones for the future ones.”– Invajy
My greatest achievement is that I prayed every day in 2022. If you are an avid reader of my blog, you will know that I talk a lot about previously struggling with prayer.
I was that person that prayed once a month or once in months and I really didn’t like myself for it.
At the beginning of 2022, I made a decision that I would pray every day throughout 2022 without missing a day and I did. All the glory to God.
If you are curious about how I did it, I will be launching ebooks on this soon, so expect them.
Also if you need some pointers on how to pray in tongues for long hours, this blog post on the first page of google is your best bet: How to pray in tongues for long hours.
Other blog posts that will help you:
“Jobs fill your pockets, adventures fill your soul.”
I have always been a dreamer and a lover of adventures. I have always wanted to travel around the world and when the opportunity came, I decided to travel to 3 states in my country – Osun, Ondo, and Ekiti.
So, I did.
It was a solo trip. I learned. I was alone. I had fun. I did a lot of dangerous yet interesting things.
I can’t wait to do it all over again.
4 years lifetime-dream come true.
“The excitement of dreams coming true is beyond the description of words.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
In my life, I have always had one dream. One dream that surpassed every other. And that dream was to live alone. I have always wanted to live alone. To own my place and have a space to create freely and… I got it.
If you read my blog post on living alone you will understand how much this means to me.
Just before the end of 2022, I got my place and I am excited to see how much I get to create in my home.
Dreams do come true.
Watch the Video of My Empty Apartment Tour:
How I am preparing for 2023.
“Opportunity does not waste time with those who are unprepared.”― Idowu Koyenikan
You already know I am a productivity coach, so I will be doing a lot of planning this year and yes I have already set my goals for the year. What about you?
If you are having trouble setting goals, please reach out to me, and let’s discuss.
I am also preparing prayerfully. I am a Child of God and I always do things according to God’s leading. I am waiting on His leading as always.
What will I change about 2022? Any regrets?
I do not regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do.– Rory Cochrane
Well, I won’t say they were painful regrets but regrets nonetheless.
When I got back from my travels, work picked up tremendously so I had to put a pause on my brand and website building.
I wish I found a way to balance both but because it was a new ground, it was hard to create the balance. But I’m gaining my balance this year with this post from me. Winks.
What am I doing better in 2023?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
In 2023, I am prioritizing self-development. I am making more noise about my brand. I am designing more.
I am creating more content.
What should you expect from Sarah Olaleye Brand (Avidinspire x Avidplanner) in 2023?
“Positive expectations are the mark of the superior personality.”― Brian Tracy
In 2022, I had a lot of plans I couldn’t achieve for my brand which I want to take seriously in 2023. I know the vision I have for the brand and I know I will make it happen.
- Newsletter: I was supposed to start my newsletter last year but I couldn’t. Even though I have gotten so many subscribers already. But this year will be different. Many goodies are on the way for my subscribers. Thank you if you have subscribed. Subscribe now if you haven’t.
- Releasing ebooks: Just like I earlier mentioned, I will be publishing new ebooks this year. Ebooks on the art of prayer, my writing journey, productivity, etc. Be expectant.
- Digital products: Not just ebooks guys, but also digital products. Think digital planners, templates, journals, courses, phone and desktop wallpapers, etc.
- Avid planner business: With God’s help, my Avid Planner business will pick up this year. I plan to make physical planners and not only digital planners and sell them nationwide and on Amazon. Look forward to it.
- Affirmation page: I plan to create an affirmation page on my website and on Pinterest for people who love daily, monthly, and yearly affirmations.
- Also, look forward to videos on my Youtube and more content on my social media platforms. Subscribe if you haven’t. XOxo
It is an interesting year already!
“You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.”— Ted Turner
- Earn x 3 of my current monthly income
- Travel outside my country
- Be more intentional about my ministry even as I build my brand
- Pray and study God’s word every day
- Prioritize self-development.
So help me God. Amen.
Best blog posts in 2022
Inspiration is one of my favorite things. That’s all I want to do – I want to inspire people.– John 5
Best Videos I made in 2022
“What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.”-Ralph Stripey Guy Emerson
“Everything that has a beginning, has an end”
How many posts I wrote in 2022
82 blog posts
How many videos I made in 2022
Vote of thanks
“Thank you for being an important part of my story.”
To everyone who reads my blog, you make my day every day. Thank you for reading snippets of my life and work, and also getting life and productivity solutions through what I write.
To everyone who not only read but leave a comment or feedback, I highly appreciate you. It means a lot to me.
To those who subscribed to my newsletter. Thank you for finding my tips worthy and for signing up to be a part of the online family I’m creating. Thank you.
To those who bought my digital products, downloaded my ebook, or watched my videos, I can’t thank you enough. Thank you so much for the Love.
You made my year.
Let’s go on to do great things in 2023.
Also, I sincerely hope you learned from my failures and are inspired by my achievements.
It took me a long time to get here and it was not very easy too. But if I could do this, you can do much more.
I had a great year guys. I joined a wonderful church in early 2022 and they have fast become my family. I’ve met a lot of wonderful people, healed from so much burden of 2021, and here I am.
I’m excited to see how 2023 unfolds. Trust me to keep you in the loop.
I wish you a great year!
Happy New Year!! xoxo